Perimenopause Weight Loss
Are you feeling frustrated that whatever you try, you just can not lose weight? You may be happy to know that balancing your hormone levels can help.
Dr. John Lee discovered it did. You can too.
The body’s metabolism naturally begins to slow down with age. Perimenopause and menopause weight loss are difficult with a sluggish metabolism… Women in perimenopause need to have a combined approach it increases metabolism with diet and exercise while and lifestyle changes in order to lose weight.
Dr. John Lee tested natural progesterone with his patients for over 20 years. He found that natural progesterone, without any estrogen, could reduce the side effects of menopause and perimenopause, bring the endocrine systems back in balance, and with a combined program, helps reduce weight. There are natural solutions that can restore equilibrium without ERT’s jeopardy
Why do Women typically gain weight during the perimenopause and menopause years?
- A sluggish metabolism due to age and decreased physical activity.
- Poor diet of processed foods of pasta, bread, processed and pre-packaged foods, fast foods, high-fat meats and sugars.
- Thyroid dysfunctions can occur due to hormone imbalance and estrogen dominance.
As people age, the natural metabolic rate slows down. You can eat the same, exercise the same and still gain weight during this time. Some women increase their exercise and change their diet. Dr. John Lee found there is a direct relationship between the estrogen ratios to progesterone levels that affects weight gain, called estrogen dominance. In his practice, he found using 500 mg of UPS micronized natural progesterone cream helps balance the estrogen and progesterone ratio and women were able to lose weight.
Weight gain is an issue is due to widely fluctuating estrogen levels, (for perimenopausal and menopausal women) and diminished levels of estrogen. As the estrogen production of your ovaries falls, your body turns to secondary production sites, including body fat, skin, and other organs. If your body is struggling to maintain its hormonal balance, body fat becomes more valuable. Often your body is balancing estrogen loss with maintaining bone mass, for which it needs additional fat cells. You must eat to lose weight, or the body goes into starvation mode. The yo-yo dieting has not been effective, nor is it healthy.
Progesterone Helps use Fat for Energy
Doctors have said that women were reporting that with the progesterone cream they could use up their body fat, their body fat was slimming down, they were able to turn body fat into energy. Estrogen on the other hand turns the food energy into body fat. That’s the function of estrogen, which retains water and that function is prevented when you take progesterone. Progesterone allows you to use the fat for energy.
Treatment for Weight Loss
- Exercise more to build muscle mass, boost metabolism and burn calories.
- Eat a healthy nutrient-rich, whole grain diet.
- Get support for a weight loss program like Weight Watcher
- Regular exercise is necessary to effectively maintain constant body weight with increasing age. Increasing exercise is the best way to boost the metabolism, lose perimenopause weight gain, and produce a feeling of physical and emotional well-being for women in perimenopause.
This is for education only. It is not intended to treat, prevent or cure medical disease. If you have a medical condition, please consult a health care professional.